The publication is produced using the Computer To Plate (CTP) process. All files must be CMYK and 300 dpi. PDF X1A formats are preferred, but creative produced in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop are also acceptable. (If an InDesign file has transparencies, make a high-res press-ready PDF instead of an X1A to avoid flattening the file. Flattening might cause overprinting commands in the resulting file.)
Creative must meet the following requirements:
- Bleed: 1/4” MINIMUM to ALL edges (Bleed creative is optional. Bleed is already included in the bleed sizes above.)
- Live/Type area: All non-bleed items should be 1/4” minimum from the TRIM edge.
- Fonts: All fonts must be embedded, outlined, or supplied with the ﬁles. Post-script or Open Type fonts preferred.
- Images: PSD, AI, TIF, or EPS; CMYK (or grayscale), 300 dpi resolution.
- Crop marks: If crop and bleed marks are included in PDFs please offset them by a minimum of .26”
- Your creative must include the following disclaimer: "The U.S. Navy did not solicit or approve this content."
We recommend supplying a color proof that accurately reproduces the color of the creative as it will be used for color matching on press.
All proofs must be representative of the creative supplied and should be a high-quality digital proof that meets SWOP standards. If copy changes are made, the proof should be marked “For Color Only.” Color correctness cannot be guaranteed if color proof is substandard, or no proof is provided.
Preferred proof formats:
High Resolution Digital color proofs (eg: Xerox Fiery, Epson Stylus) Traditional color proofs (eg: Matchprint, Progressives, Tear Sheet)
Submitting Creative Files
Files less than 5MB in size can be emailed to:email@example.com
Include your organization’s name and “Creative Materials” in your email subject line.http://artwork.faircount.com
Files greater than 5MB can be uploaded to our FTP site using a web browser. No password or login needed.
Please send an email once the creative is finished uploading with file name, company name, and publication.
No password or login needed.
Files can also be sent on a disk to:
Faircount Media Group
Attn: Art Department
450 Carillon Parkway, Suite 105
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
Once we have processed your files, we will send a confirmation email.
For assistance, please contact our art department
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (813) 675-3800